There's a new mug in town... and it's helping to feed area families. It's the Young Leaders Harvest for All collectible mug, and the proceeds from the sale help support the Harvest for All program.
According to the USDA, nearly 1 in every 10 households in Illinois faces hunger this year. That’s why Illinois Farm Bureau's Young Leaders team up with Feeding America, the nation’s largest food bank. Throughout the year, Young Leaders
donate food, funds and people power to create a hunger-free Illinois.
The insulated mug, made by Kong, sells for $40. It holds 26oz of hot or cold liquid, and is made of double-walled, stainless steel.
Other great features include:
• Keeps ice drinks cold for 24 hours
• Keeps hot drinks hot for over 2.5 hours
• Includes leak resistant slider lid and straw
The mugs can be purchased by filling out the order slip, or through the IFB website. Shipping is at no additional charge.
Direct any questions to the Young Leader Department at 309-557-2536.
Make plans to stop by the Winnebago-Boone Farm Bureau’s “Ask A Farmer” booth at the Rockford City Market on Friday, July 27. According to the Rockford City Market website, “Rockford City Market (located in downtown Rockford at the intersection of Water Street and Market Street) features local growers and vendors who sell natural products and unique retail items, live music, demonstrations and kids' activities.” The Market will be open from 3:30-8:30 p.m. Ask real farmers how they produce food, fiber, and fuel for their family and yours, while the kids are busy with games, a make and take or “driving the tractor”. Don’t miss out on a photo opportunity for your family at our fun farm peek-a-boo boards.
· A maximum of 500 tickets will be offered at $100 each. Each ticket is one raffle entry, and no warranties express or implied are created by purchase of a ticket.
· The grand prize winner will be determined by a random drawing held on Sunday, September 9, 2018 at the Williams Tree Farm, 4661 Yale Bridge Rd, Rockton, Illinois. Winner need not be present to win.
· No substitutions are allowed. The prize is non-transferable and subject to all restrictions and availability.
· Purchasers of tickets must be residents of the United States and must be at least 18 years of age.
· The winners of the raffle will be responsible for paying any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes. (Federal Taxes will be withheld from winnings.)
· Ticket price is not deductible as a charitable contribution for federal income purposes.
· Proceeds support the goals of the Winnebago-Boone Farm Bureau Foundation.
· Employees and/or directors and immediate family members of the Winnebago-Boone Farm Bureau Foundation and the Winnebago-Boone Farm Bureau are not eligible.
Copyright Winnebago-Boone Farm Bureau. All rights reserved.